Visit to an immaculate Mexican garden center

Just outside of San Pancho (about an hour north of Puerto Vallarta, on the Pacific coast) we stopped into a garden center with a friend. He does much of his garden shopping here because the staff is so helpful. They're English-speaking, have knowledgeable staff, have an immense selection of plants and pots, have EXCELLENT prices (compered to what we're used to in the States) and the efficient layout and organization of the garden center satisfies his (almost pathological) need for order and structure.

Organized rows of plant product created room after room of tropical trees, palms, colorful shrubs, and smaller plants, some of which I have as houseplants.

Prices? I wish I could have taken large items on the plane ride home. Large pots, large enough to slap a piece of glass on and make a table, for around $20. Trees and large palms in the $30 range. I'd be in trouble if I lived down there.


Comments

  1. What is the name of that crimson red and pink leaved plant? Its gorgeous.

    -Oscar Valencia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great way to spend time in Mexico! I love the plants from that area. We were in Cabo San Lucas last October, but busy with my son's wedding, so I didn't get to look around at gardens. Going to a garden center is a great way to learn what grows in the region. Pots...Oh, I'd love some of those pots! I'm trying to upgrade my containers as the budget permits and with those prices--WOW!

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a treat for the eyes! I love seeing garden centers when I travel. New ideas and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. tree service queen,
    I don't know the name of it, I was hoping someone else would be able to answer your question.

    Freda,
    We don't often get a chance to visit nurseries while traveling. This was unique.

    Sherlock Street,
    I loved the prices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great place to drool!! Love the lush green plants and those containers-- are you sure you couldn't find a spot in a (very large) suitcase?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts